Sunday, February 22, 2009

Good News, Bad News, Who Is To Say?

At church this morning with my family, the minister preached an incredible sermon on the necessary things. It was such a blessing to my soul to hear his message delivered without judgement and full of love. He is retiring next week and will greatly be missed.

Per usual, I digress.

He told a beautiful story about life's happenings with a farmer in China. Events ebbed and flowed through the story and at each turn of fate, the farmer looked to Heaven and said "Good news, bad news, who is to say?"

Each piece of this man's story could only be understood within the rest of his story.

It pierced my soul.

Good news, bad news, the Lord is still sovereign, still loving, and still on His throne.

And still holds me in the hollow of His hand.

1 comment:

  1. Just dropped in to tell you that I posted the winner to the canvas give away :)

    ReplyDelete