Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hello...

I'm a writer. Both for a living and to make it through the messy pages of my heart, I write. Lately, I have found myself writing in my head just to make it one day at a time. So many women, and a few men, are walking with me, standing in the gap for me, during this time of my heart's brokenness, that I invite y'all to journey with me. Grab your Starbucks decaf skinny latte, Jenn, or your six shot expresso, Dad, and sit a spell with my soul.

For those of you who don't know the whole story, the details are not relevant. Know a relationship I cherished, I trusted, I dreamed towards is no longer. As of now, I am broken. But I have faith that at some point, I will move past being broken and move into a new chapter of my heart.

I mourn the loss of so many things and I catch myself remembering so few hours ago when my heart seemed so happily attached to another. I mourn the loss of the family we would have, the beach wedding, the forever of love I was promised.

But now, oh but now I am clinging in complete thanks, to the Father of my footsteps, who has spared me from a fate I doubt I will ever fully name.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I know we have not talked in awhile, but I have been thinking of you. I cannot imagine the pain you are going thru right now, but I know what an amazing and inspirational person you are and there are better things ahead for you. You are so beautiful, inside and out, and you have accomplished great things!! It is good to see you have lots of friends and family around you!! I am thinking of you often!!
    Love,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete