Monday, March 23, 2009

Back

Friends, it's been a long day. It's almost too much.

It's this beautiful baby boy who needs our prayers.

It's being back in this apartment. Where every inch of this tiny DC space hold memories: the movie nights on the couch, the dinners I cooked that he pretended to enjoy and I'm sure went to McDonald's on his way home, the many trips I've packed for and unpacked from, the night I came in and slept so well because he told me he loved me and wanted me to be his forever.

It's listening to the Daniel Doss Band sing about the wide-open arms of God.

It's these stupid plastic ducks that are a part of my life. For our eventual wedding, I bought Bride and Groom ducks. I joked that they should be the centerpieces.

It's realizing how much I am loved.

It's knowing I have the strength to put one foot in front of the other.

It's my wonderful girlfriends who are calling to spend a night with me just because.

It's being so afraid of what happens next, but so confident that the Lord's grace and goodness and mercy will guide my heart.

Friends, it's been a long day. 34 of them in the making.

3 comments:

  1. When do we get to see you?????????????

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to be afraid. You're an awesome person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back! When do I get to see you!?

    ReplyDelete